Video Poker Overview
Video poker is a game which is played on computerized machines that look like slots with using Poker rules. The first video poker game was originated along with the origin of the first personal computer. In 1980 this type of game became more popular in casinos and later till our times in online casinos as well. Video poker has certain rules and strategies, which are not that difficult. Video poker strategy is based on identifying card combinations.
Moreover, there are various poker tips can be found which help gamblers to increase their chances.
Process of playing video poker
There are several steps how to play in video poker.
- Player should make his bet by inserting coins into machine
- After the bet is made, "Draw/Deal" button should be pressed. Five cards will be drawn on the screen.
- If player either would like to keep some cards, or change some of them he presses "Hold/cancel" button.
- When desired cards are chosen, player presses "Draw/Deal" button again in order to get new cards instead of non-desirable.
- In case if combination of cards will be winning, machine pays off winning amount.
Video poker or Draw poker has an additional option. If player wins one hand, it is possible for him to double his bet in second round which is called "Double playoff round". It acts in a following manner: machine displays first card, player makes additional bet, after what machine displays second card. If it is greater, player wins bet and doubles his money, if not - loses. In case if second card will be the same as the first one, neither machine nor player will win or lose.
Video poker strategy
The mostly used video poker version is Jack or Better. Winning combinations are as follows from the highest to the lowest:
- Royal Flush is the best combination of Ace, King, Queen, Jack and 10
- Straight Flush -sequence of any 5 cards
- Four of a king - all 4 cards has the same value
- Flush - any 5 cards are of the same suit
- Straight - five cards in sequence, but not in the same suit
- Three of a King - three cards of the same value
- Pair - two cards of the same value